Furniture Repair Technician - Tucson Warehouse
Copenhagen is a contemporary retail furniture business that has been family owned and operated for 50 years! Copenhagen serves the Tucson, Phoenix, San Antonio, and Austin areas. We are known for providing a modern, unique product accompanied by exceptional customer service.
Copenhagen Imports is seeking handy, artistic, detail-oriented and organized individual. The ideal applicant has a history and passion for leather repair, wood and high gloss repair.
As a furniture repair technician, you will be responsible for the repair and restoration process of assembled furniture and upholstery in accordance with the Copenhagen standards we are well known for. You will be required to make in home service/repair calls.
- Evaluate damages and select appropriate methods of repair and/or restoration for wood furniture, leather, fabric and upholstery
- Maintain inventory and stock records within the repair department and order supplies required to perform daily tasks
- Adhere to all standard operating procedures and ensure daily/weekly/monthly performance levels are achieved
- Strong commitment to safety policies and procedures and ability to promote awareness with team members
- Customer interaction
*Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Experience working with leather and wood furniture, upholstery preferred
- Strong attention to detail and excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable working with hands and displays an aptitude for craftsmanship, artistic and/or carpentry services.
- Efficiency with color matching and blending
- Wood repairs including scratches, dents and splits
- Upholstery repairs including structural/internal mechanism replacements
- Leather repairs including color matching and cut repair
- Excellent and professional customer interaction skills
- Must be able to multitask
- Valid Arizona driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Ability to lift, lower, push or pull furniture up to and in excess of 75lbs (with assistance if needed)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Certification in Furniture Repair/Restoration, preferred
- Must submit to a drug test and background check
- Willing to train the right candidate in areas that are not proficient
Here at Copenhagen, we offer competitive wages, along with medical/dental/vision insurances, paid vacation, 401k, voluntary disability, company paid life insurance, and many other voluntary benefits.
Qualified candidates will need to submit to a drug test and background check.
Pay: from $19/hour
Pay starts at $19.00 per hour. Copenhagen offers medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO pay and many other voluntary benefits.
Job Status: Full Time